Alfalah Research Journal is a multi-disciplinary research publication of the university published in local languages. The journal accepts original research papers from the lecturers of the university and researchers who are not part of the AU team. The journal is currently published annually with the research development plan of the R&DD intending to produce inter-disciplinary research journal published quarterly.
Download Issue 1, Volume 1 below:
Alfalah Research journal aim to get a very good reputation as an academic journal that could promote a link of communication among research scholars, academicians, practitioners and policy makers through their novel research publications in Afghanistan. Alfalah Research Journal covers a wide perspective related to law, Islamic studies, journalism and communication, civil engineering, economics and management.
Each manuscript/research paper/book review is screened by editorial board. If it is suitable covering the scope and novelty, then it would be sent to two relevant independent reviewers for possible review process. Based on reviewer’s report and suggestions and as well as consultation with editorial board member, the editor committee will decide whether to accept the manuscript in its original form, revise or reject it.
The author(s) must double check and make sure the following instructions before submitting the manuscript to Alfalah Research Journal:
- The manuscript must be written in Pashto, Dari or English and single-spaced throughout (Bahij Mitra 14 for local languages and Times New Roman 12 for English) with wide margins, and printed on one side of the paper only. All pages should be numbered consecutively. Titles and subtitles should be shorted.
- Before submission, the author(s) must ensure that the research is original and should not have been published in current or any substantial part of it elsewhere. The journal chief editor or editorial board do not accept any responsibility for damage or loss of submitted paper(s) if the research material is already published in somewhere or under consideration for publication. The author(s) have to ensure the unpublished work that he/she/they has/have submitted or going to submit to Alfalah Research Journal by signing an undertaking regarding the originality of research work. The copyrights of your research material will transfer to publisher once it is being published by journal.
- Manuscript Format: All files should be submitted in MS-word and length of manuscript should be between 6000 to 8000 words including all the table, figures and references.
- First page of the manuscript should contain the following information:
- 1. The title (not more than 25 words) and should contain;
- Precise identification of problem area.
- Specification of independent and dependent variables.
- Identification of target population.
- Clarity, conciseness and effective arrangement of words in title.
- The name(s)
- Institutional affiliation(s) of author(s).
- An abstract of study (not more than 400 words) and must be italic and should contain the following ingredients.
- Describe the research problem and why it is important.
- Identify the purpose of study.
- State the theoretical and conceptual framework as suitable for study.
- Identify key results, conclusions and recommendations that capture the essence of study.
- State the key words (maximum 7) that encapsulate the principal topic of study.
The Introduction part of research article must start at page number 2 and must conform the following ingredients:
- Describe the topic of the study, why the study needs to be conducted and the potential positive social change implications of the study.
- Briefly encapsulate research literature related to the scope of the study.
- Describe the gap in knowledge in the discipline the study will address.
- Summarize evidence of consensus that the problem is current, relevant and significant to the discipline.
- The study intent (such as describe; compare, correlate, explore and develop).
- Research Problem/question
- How the Research Problem is addressed
- Back ground of study
- Significance of Research Study
In literature review author/authors should try to include a current review of the literature. It must be properly synthesized and provide a base analysis of how the previous studies are similar to the current study and also provide the rationale and choice of study and precisely identify key concepts, key statements, and definitions inherent in the framework. Describe how the current study has been applied and articulated in previous research and how the current study will benefit from the conceptual framework. Authors must justify from the literature the rationale for the selection of variables, concepts and methodology.
- There must be a precise discussion of methodology and it must cover the following components;
- Populations, sampling and sampling procedure.
- Procedure for recruitment and data collection.
- Instrumentation/operationalization of constructs as appropriate for primary data analysis.
- Use of statistical and econometric techniques as appropriate for primary and secondary data analysis.
Findings & Discussions
• Authors must concisely report the results and findings of the study.
• Precisely include table(s) and figures to illustrate results as appropriate for the study.
• Discuss in what ways findings confirms, not confirm or extend the knowledge in the discipline.
• Analyze and interpret the findings in the context of the theoretical and conceptual framework of study.
• Provide the evidence that analytical techniques used in the research provide correct answers to research questions being asked or the hypothesis being posted.
• Discussion must cover all the component identified in findings.
• Conclusion must be clear, specific and should address the research targets grounded in findings and discussion of study.
• It must include one or two paragraphs that synthesize discussion of study.
• Also highlights the implication of the study in view of the significance of the research.
Recommendation of study
Precisely illustrate the recommendations for future researchers that must be grounded in the light of followings;
• Implication for Policy and Practice
• Implication for Research
(Standardized way to acknowledge sources of information into your research work) always follow the latest APA style e.g
• Firer, S. & Williams, S.M. (2003). Intellectual capital and traditional measures of corporate performance, Journal of Intellectual Capital, 4(3), 348-60.
• Goh, C.P. (2005). Intellectual capital performance of commercial banks in Malaysia. Journal of intellectual capital, 6(3), 385-396.
• Iswati,S. & Anshori, M.(2007). The Influence of Intellectual Capital on Financial Performance at Insurance at Jakarta Stock Exchange. Proceedings of the 13th Asia Pacific Management Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 2007, 1393-1399.
• Ji-jian, Z.,Nai-ping,Z.and Yu-sheng.K. (2006). Study on Intellectual Capital and Enterprise’s Performance: An Empirical Evidence from Chinese Securities Market. Journal of Modern Accounting and Auditing, 2(10), 35-39.
• El-Bannany, M. (2008). A study of determinants of intellectual capital performance in banks: the UK case. Journal of Intellectual Capital, 9(3), 487-498.
• For One Author (Book): Berkman, R. I. (1994). Find it fast: How to uncover expert information. New York: Harper Perrenial.
• For Two Authors (Book): Moir, A., & Jessel, D. (1991). Brain sex: the real difference between men and women. London: Mandarin.
• For More Than Two Authors (Book): Johnson, L. et al. (2005). How far Is far? London: McMillan
• For Multiple Works Published by Same Author in Same Year:
• Dawkins, R. (1996a). Climbing Mount Improbable. London: Viking.
• Dawkins, R. (1996b). River Out of Eden. London: Phoenix.
• Friedman, S. L., & Wachs, T. D. (Eds.). (1999). Measuring environment across the life span: Emerging methods and concepts. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association
• Any manuscript not confirming to above instructions may be returned for necessary revision during screening process.
Alfalah University uses turnitin.com for detecting plagiarism in research or final projects written in English. However; R&DD uses alternative means of measuring plagiarism in research and final projects written in Dari and Pashto.
The acceptable similarity index in English is 25 percent.