R&D department perform training, supervisory, monitoring and evaluative role. The department work on the capacity building of students and the lecturers.
Meanwhile, it addresses the needs of students in writing final research projects.
R&D department use seminars, online and offline on-campus and off-campus trainings and workshops for capacity building of lecturers and students. A sample of two days training can be seen here:
A two days training was organized for the lecturers of Alfalah University on December 14th, and 15th, 2019. The training titled “SPSS in practice: Data management, Analysis and Interpretation” was delivered by Dr. Osman Sadiq Paracha- In charge of and Assistant Professor in faculty of management sciences at COMSTATS University Islamabad, Pakistan. The training included but was not limited to the following:
- Introduction to the Generations of Statistical Analysis
- Operational Definitions of Variables and Levels of Measurements
- Organizing and Visualizing Variables
- Model Formulating Process
- Generating and Testing Theories
- Partial and Semi-Partial Correlations
- Explanatory Factor Analysis (Objectives, types, testing assumptions and outcomes)
- Processes of Factor Interpretation (estimating factor matrix, factor rotation and interpretation)
- Validation of Factor Analysis (Confirmatory Perspective, Assessing Factor Structure Stability and Detecting Influential Observation)
- Linear and Multiple Regression
The final session of the training will be conducted after the participants work out on group research projects; collect, enter, interpret and report data as a pilot phase.